This is a very colorful dish. I got the basics of the recipe from The Dinner Daily. They are a subscription service that plans meals based on what’s on sale at your store but they only give you five meals/week and I found I wasn’t saving money over doing it myself. They use plain rice vinegar and sesame oil but the recipe really sings as an Asian-inspired side if you use a seasoned rice vinegar and toasted sesame oil.
Cabbage and Carrot Slaw
- 1/2 head red cabbage, shredded
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 Tbsp seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine cabbage and carrots in large bowl.
- Toss with oil and vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.