This is one of my family’s favorite ways to have a pork loin. My notes say I got the recipe from chaosisbliss.com but we’ve been eating it for years. I suppose you could use any bourbon, but we use Tom Sims because it tends to come in smaller bottles and we’re not big consumers of hard liquor in our house.
Bourbon Brown Sugar Pork Loin
- 2-3 lb pork loin
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 2 Tbsp EVOO
- 1/2 c water
- 1 c dark brown sugar
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 c water (again)
- 1/2 c bourbon
- 2-3 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 c soy sauce
- Combine salt and pepper and rub into all sides of pork
- Heat EVOO in skillet and sear pork on all sides on medium-high, 1-2 minutes per.
- Place is slow cooker with 1/2 c water.
- Cook 5-6 hours on low.
- Before the last hour, make glaze.
- Whisk brown sugar, 1/2 c water, bourbon, cornstarch and soy sauce in saucepan.
- Heat until bubbly; reduce to medium-low and cook until slightly thickened.
- Baste pork with glaze 3 times during last hour.
- Line 13″ x 9″ pan with foil.
- Heat broiler.
- Place roast in pan.
- Baste again with glaze
- Place roast under broiler for 1-2 minutes.
- Let rest 10 minutes before cutting.