Fish Taco Bowls
Fish tacos without the tortillas -- serve with guacamole.
- 1 lb tilapia fillets
- 2 tsp fish rub
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 bag coleslaw mix
- 1/2 c sliced scallions
- 1/2 c mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp green Tabasco sauce
- salt to taste
- Guacamole to serve with
- If fish is frozen, thaw overnight in fridge.
- Mix the fish rub, chili powder, and cumin.
- Pat fish dry, then rub with 2 tsp EVOO.
- Rub with rub mix.
- Let come to room temperature.
- Make dressing by whisking together mayonnaise, lime juice Tabasco and salt.
- Brush a heavy skillet with EVOO.
- Heat over medium-high for one minute.
- Add fish and cook about 4 minutes on each side.
- Mix half the green onions into the coleslaw mix.
- Stir enough dressing into cabbage mixture to moisten.
- Let fish cool slightly on cutting board.
- Use 2 forks to shred fish.
- Place cabbage mixture in 4 bowls.
- Top with shredded fish and rest of onion.
- Add dressing.
- Serve with guacamole.